It’s January, it’s supposed to be cold. Please stop complaining.
- The Big Lebowski – Why wouldn’t I watch this movie again and again?
- Marvel’s The Punisher: Season 2 – There were slow parts and fast parts which made the pacing of the entire season feel like it was all over the place. I did enjoy the season overall but there were points where it just wasn’t moving or didn’t quite make sense. They ended it at a point where they could end the series and I feel like that is exactly what they will do.
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt – For some reason I really like this show. It is zanny and funny in a silly, weird fashion that just hits me. As much as I love the Kimmy character, Titus will always be my favorite. He is so out of touch and self-delusional that it cracks me up. With that said, I think this show is over. I never saw anything about it ending but the last episode sure felt like a farewell and closure of the series. It makes me hope that Tina Fey will be back with some else new.
- Pulp Fiction – For some reason I wanted to watch this. I wasn’t even sure if it was still on Netflix or not. Why I wanted to watch it I have no idea but I’m glad it was there and it feels like it holds up. However, Reservoir Dogs is still my favorite Tarantino movie.
- FYRE: The Greatest Party That Never Happened & FYRE FRAUD – These two documentaries about the same event tell slightly different tales of what happened to the FYRE Festival. It was interesting to see different people telling similar but different stories. It was odd that people in both documentaries were taking credit for things but nobody wanted to take any blame. The only obvious thing that came from this was that the guy running the show was a crook. However, I don’t put down any of the people involved other than him since a good conman is easy to fall for.
- Red Dead Redemption – I like the game but I’m certain I like Arthur Morgan better than I did John Marston. After finishing it I went back to RDR2 rather than cleaning up RDR stuff.
- Red Dead Redemption 2 – I went back into the game with the intention of cleaning up some of the side stuff that I didn’t finish. What is starting to seriously piss me off is that certain NPC’s only appear when I first start the game and I can’t figure out what the conditions are to get them to appear. One particularly angered me when he appeared on the map, I traveled in cinematic mode to the town, and as soon as I took control back the marker disappear from the map. I walked up to the NPC and nothing happened. I turned the game off and played The Division instead.
- The Division – I find myself back to playing this when I have no reason other than I don’t feel like playing anything else.
- Anthem – Turns out I am one of those people that got stuck in the infinite load problem. Having tried on both PC and Xbox One with the same result I never did get to play the actual game. The best I could do was get to Tarsis, talk to the first guy and that was it. Maybe I’ll actually get to play the open beta/demo. With my luck, though, I’m not counting on it.
- Anthem demo debacle – To say the least it did not go as planned. With so many people unable to play the game there was a lot of angst directed at EA and Bioware. For my part, I was more disappointed than angry. It was a free demo/beta and therefore I didn’t feel like I lost anything. What bummed me out is that I wanted to see if this game was something I wanted to play or not. So far I’m leaning towards not buying it and it will be even harder pressed to convince me otherwise. In the grander scheme of things, it was better for Bioware to find the netcode problems now rather than at launch, so as upset as people are I think in the long run it is for everyone’s benefit that this happened now and not later(as long as they fix it that is).
- Sony 10x cloud storage – Going from 10GB to 100GB is nice for those cloud saves. If you ever worried about running out of space you’ll have a lot lesser reason to worry if you are a PS+ member next month. Nice. (Oh yeah, and you’ll be getting Hitman Season 1, but it’s the last time you get PS3 and Vita games.)
- PUBG Lite – I don’t get this. Why split your development to make a free version of your game that runs on lesser hardware rather then just reducing the price? In my mind, PC limitations is not what is keeping people away from PUBG. I hope there is something I don’t know or understand going on with this.
It’ll be cold outside so I’ll stay in. I want to clean up my PC and entertainment system wiring. The goal is that I want to use my PC more and the messy wiring has been my excuse to not do so, hence forth I need to eliminate this excuse from myself.
There is also talk of a rather eventful American professional football game being played this weekend. I might check that out as well. Remember that the last Los Angeles team that won said game is now in Oakland and looking to move to Las Vegas. Food for thought. Let me know what you think about that.
Owner, Proprietor, Typer of Words, Gamer, Jester
A self described Polish ninja toiling away as an IT professional but more into gaming and writing. Physically existing on the western side of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania yet existentially flowing with the ether of the Internet.