I survived IUP homecoming, mostly by laying on the couch sick all weekend. I sure do know how to live.
- Destination Wedding – You can read my take on it here.
- Ghostbusters: Answer the Call – The movie may have been more enjoyable if it had not been a reboot. The idea of throwing out the lore of the original films just didn’t sit well with me. If this movie had been set that these four ladies are taking over or picking up the work of the Ghostbusters I would have been ok with it. That might be a nostalgia problem for me though. I will say that Chris Hemsworth was worth watching and decidedly my favorite part of the film.
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia – I’m caught up to the current season and it doesn’t feel as strong. I want to watch the first couple episodes again but I feel like they are trying too hard to be funny in the way they started out.
- Marvel’s Spider-Man – I got to that magically 100% completion and feel good about it with one exception. After finishing the my final Taskmaster, most of which I did not enjoy, I was dreading the Taskmaster fight but may have been the biggest let down of the game. When I fought Taskmaster earlier in the game he gave me a lot of problems and I failed multiple times. This why I was so dreadful of having to fight him again. However, this time he shows up, I stun and beat him up about three times, then a sequence starts where Spider-Man webs him to the ground and the fight is over. That played out in less than two minutes. It was like one of those game show moments where the contestant does all the work to get a chance to pick a door, the dramatic music plays, the contestant picks the door, the door opens and there is nothing there so they play that wah-wah fail music.
- PUBG – I jumped back in for a few games on Xbox and it is noticeably better than last I played. The graphics look better and the controls are more responsive. I didn’t notice any frame drops which was great. I got to the top ten twice with 7th and 3rd place finishes.
- Red Dead Redemption – I tried playing this on my PS3 some time ago but it kept crashing. The game was recently on sale via the Xbox Store for $10 so I bought it. With just over an hour of in-game time I am still very early in the game. So far, so good.
- Borderlands 2 on PSVR – As curious as I am about VR and as much as I like Borderlands 1 & 2 this still doesn’t make me want to buy a VR kit.
- Telltale – After cutting more staff they’ve made a deal with another studio to finish the last season of The Walking Dead game. I just cringe at how this has played out.
- BLOPS 4 50GB Day One Patch – Remember when the PS4 launched and people thought it was crazy that a game on disc still installed 50GB to the hard drive? Ah, those were the days.
- PSN Name Changes – Although I have no plans to change mine, it is good to see that Sony really has been listening but not communicating. The program will be in beta soon and launch in 2019. That means that they’ve probably been working on this for quite some time. Now that they’ve addressed name changes and cross-play can we get them to look into backwards compatibility? PS Now downloads for PS2 and PS4 are a good start but the fact that PS3 games are still streaming only is somewhat of an incomplete solution. The remasters are nice I’d like to play the games I already own.
No big plans other than football and games. Hoping to get into more Red Dead Redemption but we’ll see.
Owner, Proprietor, Typer of Words, Gamer, Jester
A self described Polish ninja toiling away as an IT professional but more into gaming and writing. Physically existing on the western side of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania yet existentially flowing with the ether of the Internet.