Here we are again, been another week of dealing with stuff.
- Stumptown – I really want to like this show but to this point I just don’t. It still feels like it is just isn’t pulling anything off. I’ve been waiting for them to flush some things out but even after five episode it feels like it isn’t.
- Football – Had some other things going on so all I could fit in was the American football, both college and professional. No movies, no shows, just football and Giant Bomb stuff along with some Twitch. Just like last week.
- Destiny 2 – The Halloween even is going on right now and I’m enjoying it. I’ve weirdly back into after doing a hard out not long after launch. I think the fact that they made the guns more like original Destiny is appealing to me. After the current event I don’t know how much I’ll play but I’m curious to find out.
- The Outer Worlds – I know I am only a handful of hours in to the game but I am not feeling it. The quest system feels bad. The map system is bad. The inventory system is bad. The upgrade system is bad. The humor and story seem good but it’s not good enough to make me want to play. Instead of playing more of this game I went back to Destiny 2.
- Blair Witch – I got to chapter four and quit. Didn’t enjoy the game play or the story and the first combat encounter was so bad and dumb I just don’t want to play any more of it. Plus, I ran like garbage on my PC. I have an i7-4820 which has some age on it and is only quad-core but I have a Nividia 1080 and there was still tearing and frame drops. I tuned the game down to ‘medium’ settings from ‘high’ and from 60fps to 30fps but still had problems. Just did not enjoy my experience with the game.
- PlayStation Vue cancelled – Sony is shuttering the service effective January 30, 2020. That means the service will go off-line after less than five years. There are many competitors to Vue that seem to be doing better. Personally, I have Hulu with Live TV and have no issues other than the price. Hopefully Vue’s cancellation is an isolated move by Sony and that all other divisions are doing well.
- EA Games on Steam – After about seven years or so, EA will be selling games on the Steam store again. EA pushed Origin but I think the lack luster games of late are not helping it sell much on the PC. Getting in front of more buyer certainly can’t hurt sales. Don’t look for the entire EA catalog right away though. The first game to hit the store will be Star Wars: Jedi Fallen order and other titles will follow.
Not sure what I’m doing this weekend. Hoping that I can just kick back and do as little as possible. I’m on call for work next weekend so I just want to enjoy the time I do have this weekend. Suggestions welcomed on how to do nothing.
Also, thinking about buying Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC even though I own it on Xbox One. Love that game. Convince me not to buy it, I dare you.
Thanks for stopping by, please come again.
Owner, Proprietor, Typer of Words, Gamer, Jester
A self described Polish ninja toiling away as an IT professional but more into gaming and writing. Physically existing on the western side of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania yet existentially flowing with the ether of the Internet.