Here we are again, again. Back at things like watching bad entertainment. I even took a few days off of work to watch some extra stuff.
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Season 5 – Unfortunately I think this show keeps getting worse. This season was pretty much unremarkable in almost every way. It is somewhat of a shame that this show hasn’t been canceled but all the others have and therefore… 2.5/5
- Backdraft 2- I didn’t even know they made a sequel to the Ron Howard classic and after having watched it I can see why. The brought the Baldwin brother back for this one but it was pretty bad. They tried to invoke a lot from the original but just failed to pull it off. For not being anywhere near as good as the original, a hard… -1.5/5
- DC: Legends of Tomorrow: Season 4 – This show isn’t very good but that is exactly what I expect and it didn’t disappoint. Sure it could be better but I kind of enjoy the campy-ness. For introducing killer unicorns… 3.8/5
- Zombieland – Still a good, funny movie that is worth watching. Wonder if that sequel will still happen. For Woody Harrelson killing zombies… 4.1/5
- Hateful 8 – Another good movie but still not my favorite Tarantino film(Hint: it’s Reservoir Dogs). For ridiculous amounts of blood… 3.6/5
- Remastered: Tricky Dick and The Man in Black – An interesting look at how Johnny Cash felt betrayed and burnt by Richard Nixon but would not come out against him because he didn’t want people thinking he wasn’t supporting his country. For Trick Dick being just that… 3.8/5
- John and Yoko: Above Us Only Sky – The documentary was about Lennon’s time at the end of the Beatles and after. It felt like it leaned too much into the idea that Yoko wasn’t the problem(which I don’t think she was) rather than just present the facts of his life. For giving peace a chance… 3.3/5
- Dauntless – I wanted to give this game a chance but I’m not too keen on it. The game is fairly simplistic to play but it doesn’t do much to on-board players other than have them read dialogues from NPC’s. I’m not use to this game style and it is somewhat off-putting not having a clear idea of what I am doing and why. Another one of my problems is the lack of variation in the missions. It is a case of go to a place, kill a behemoth and go home. This is really boring and it is very easy to lose track of your team. Some type of indicator would be nice to find your teammates other than the flare that a player can send up because not everybody seems to do that. I still want to put more time into the game but I’m not sure how much I will do so if something doesn’t hook me in.
- Life is Strange 2: Episode 3 – It took me about ten minutes to finish the episode from where I had left it. I guess I could have just finished it during my first sitting but I still enjoyed it and am looking forward to more. Too bad they are really taking their time with it so there is not telling when the next episode will be out.
- Stadia – With everything they had to say about it there are still so many questions. In the end it comes down to two things for me: 1. How is the performance? 2. What games will they offer at what cost?.
- Destiny 2 – Bungie confirmed the game is going free-to-play but still has pricing options for different bundles??? What did I miss? If they truly went free-to-play and in-game Silver was available for purchase then I could be more on board but how are you still charging for a free-to-play game when the name basically rules that out?
Going back to work even after two days off really sucked. Of course I never expected my co-workers to pick up my work while I was off but I was hoping they wouldn’t slack off on their own.
Chuck and I got together for the second week in a row to record a podcast. You can find it here.
I’m excited for E3 even though I don’t know what to expect. Maybe that is for the best, let’s hope.
Thanks for stopping by, please come again.
Owner, Proprietor, Typer of Words, Gamer, Jester
A self described Polish ninja toiling away as an IT professional but more into gaming and writing. Physically existing on the western side of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania yet existentially flowing with the ether of the Internet.