How’s your 2019 going? Better than 2018? I hope so.
- Solo – It was about what I expected. Nothing great but not bad. It fell into that category of I’m glad I finally saw it but I may never watch it again.
- The Bill Murray Stories: Life Lessons Learned From a Mythical Man – It would have been better if Bill Murray was actively in it rather passively talked about. It was interesting to hear people’s stories about Mr. Murray but ultimately I should have just watched one of his movies instead.
- Ron White: If You Quit Listening, I’ll Shut Up – He’s one of my favorite comics because he is unapologetically an asshole. I cracked up laughing throughout the entire show.
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel: Season 2 – My opinion of this show hasn’t gotten any better. As much as I want to like this show I just don’t. I think what bothers me is that it is set in the 1950’s but it seems like they are trying to apply more modern themes and ignoring some themes more relevant to the time period.
- Red Dead Redemption – I had started playing this prior to Red Dead Redemption 2 being released but I didn’t finish it. In fact, I had only played and handful of hours which wasn’t enough to keep my interest. After playing RDR 2, however, I wanted to play RDR as a continuation of the story. I’ve passed the point I got to on my original play through and look forward to continuing the game.
- Path of Exile – I tried playing it on PC but I didn’t care for the controls. Then I tried playing it on Xbox One and hated the controls even worse. I went back to playing on PC but I just can’t get into the game.
- Destiny Publishing Rights – Activision will no longer be publishing Destiny, Bungie will. Not sure what this means for Activision but it would seem that Bungie is planning on Destiny being a big part of, if not the whole, its future.
- The Division 2 to release on the Epic Games Store – I had expected smaller games to release on the platform rather then Steam but I didn’t foresee such a large game from a huge publisher to jump to the platform so soon.
The new year is under way and it has already lost that new car smell. There seems to be a lot of rollover from last year but I remain hopeful that things will be better this year.
I took a little time to go over the games scheduled to release this year and I have some concern. There is only one game with a release date that I am looking forward to and that is The Division 2. I’m not saying there aren’t a lot of games coming, just that I’m not excited about many of them. Hopefully that will change as well.
On a personal note, I found that I was slouching in my office chair in my apartment which was making my back hurt. I took the arms off so that I have nothing to lean on and I highly recommend it. I think I’ll take the arms off my office chair at work as well. Now I just need to figure out how to attach them as a second set of arms to somebody else’s chair just to mess with them.
Owner, Proprietor, Typer of Words, Gamer, Jester
A self described Polish ninja toiling away as an IT professional but more into gaming and writing. Physically existing on the western side of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania yet existentially flowing with the ether of the Internet.