In true summer fashion, it is the first time in about a month that we’ve had eighty degree weather for days in a row. Perfect time for summer to end.
- College Football – Clearly I’m enjoying college football much better than professional. The only thing I’m not happy about is Penn State playing at 9pm on a Friday. What’s up with that?
- Giant Bomb – Watching Alex Navarro play Mass Effect really makes me want to play the game again but I must resist.
- Marvel’s Spider-Man – Mopped some side stuff up I don’t feel the need to get 100% completion. I’ve probably gotten to the +90% but I just have zero desire to do the TaskMaster challenges.
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider – It’s ok. That is about all I have to say about this game. It is much like its predecessors but so far it isn’t doing much, if anything, to impress me. I’ll likely finish the campaign and move on.
- Warframe on Switch – This makes sense except for the fact that it is an always online game and this game can have a ton of stuff on the screen at any moment. I would be worried that you have to be always on wifi and that they bring down the resolution or framerate to make it run.
- Goodbye YouTube Gaming – The service was meant to compete with Twitch but never has taken off. The ability to stream and find game stream will still be there but the YouTube Gaming is no longer a branding. I always thought this was a strange off-shoot and nobody really paid attention to it, I know I didn’t.
- PlayStation Classic – How about backward compatibility instead? That would sure be nice.
- The end is nigh for the Vita – Production in Japan will end in 2019. This likely means it will going away from everywhere with no successor planned. The Vita has been dead to me for some time this just feels like confirmation it is going away.
- THQ Nordic buys more IP’s – Adding Alone in the Dark and Act of War to their catalog I want to know two things: A. What are they planing to do with these and the other IP’s they bought? B. Where are they getting the money to do this?
Chuck and I did speak last week. I forgot to mention the podcast’s latest episode. We did also speak with Brad and hopefully Chuck will have that episode up soon as well.
This week is the end of summer so soak it in while you can. I have no plans but watching football and playing more Tomb Raider.
Owner, Proprietor, Typer of Words, Gamer, Jester
A self described Polish ninja toiling away as an IT professional but more into gaming and writing. Physically existing on the western side of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania yet existentially flowing with the ether of the Internet.