It seems like I was just on-call for work just a short time ago. That’s mostly because I was and now it is that time again.
- Westworld: Season 2, Episode 2 – Well, it was better than the previous episode, which is somewhat of a backhanded compliment. I’m clearly not as into this show as many others are. It just feel like the plot is too scatter-shot. Game of Thrones handled multi-threaded plot lines much better.
- Robotech – I remember this being on during the morning cartoons of my youth. The first season is what I remember but the second season is a total mystery to me. There is an uncomfortable amount of cartoon boobs and buts. It’s weird just to see them but they are shown in shower scenes that seem to be there for no other reason than to show said boobs and butts. I’ve made it through about 50 of the 85 episode, guess I’ll just finish it out regardless of the cartoon nudity.
- Arrival – Maybe I missed something but I just don’t get it. This whole movie felt like it was a set up to another movie that likely will be just as much so not worth watching.
- Detroit: Become Human Demo – Yep, don’t want this game. Didn’t like anything about the demo and I’m 1000% sure I am not buying this. Not saying it is a bad game, I’ll let others play the full release and give opinions on that, but I didn’t care for the look, feel, or game play of the demo.
- XCOM: Enemy Within – I ended up starting over. It felt like I had made some bad choices about research and upgrade options that led me to be dealing with enemies that I didn’t have the firepower to properly dispose of them.
- Battletech – Running into technical issue with my GPU over-heating. That is not this game’s fault but it is preventing me from playing. Working on a resolution. I really want to play this game.
- God of War – Finished the main story and now I’m exploring the world. I didn’t do many side quests or anything during my play-through and I am finding there is a ton of stuff to do other than the story. Read my review if you didn’t already,. Great game, enough said.
- Here’s the short version – The next Tomb Raider looks great; I wish I cared about Red Dead Redemption 2; State of Decay 2 looks like a nightmare-ish management simulator; PUBG cracking down on cheaters; people are starting to talk about E3.
What sucks is being on-call for work twice in the span of about a month. What makes it worth it is that I won’t be on-call again until August. Sacrifices must be made to get some gains.
Owner, Proprietor, Typer of Words, Gamer, Jester
A self described Polish ninja toiling away as an IT professional but more into gaming and writing. Physically existing on the western side of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania yet existentially flowing with the ether of the Internet.