It is barely in the 40’s and it has been as dark as dusk since 10am. Winter? Almost?
- Football – Penn State won but I’m not sure what that means at this point. They’ll be in a bowl game but they are by far out of the playoff discussion. There were other upsets and losses that just keep the college football scene in turmoil, you know… just like every other year.
- The Doors: When You’re Strange – The Doors have been my favorite band for a long time running and I enjoyed seeing their story yet again. Much more real than the awful movie by Oliver Stone.
- Chappie – Not bad, not great, not really good either. I think people wanted RoboCop meets District 9 and got Short Circuit meets Forrest Gump.
- Warframe – Even with the new update coming to console I’ve somewhat lost my interest. I don’t want to give up on it but I just don’t feel drawn to it.
- Horizon: Zero Dawn – The Frozen Wilds – I am several hours into it and it is just as good as the original game. I’m hoping to finish it up so that I can play Battlefront II but… well, that’s another story. I want to finish the main story but I keep getting drawn in by the side quest and the desire to hit that new max level of 60.
- Fortnite Battle Royale – I pop in from time to time for a game or two. A few top ten finishes but no wins. Spectating is still the most interesting part for me.
- Battlefront II – There is so much buzz about this game… all bad. Apparently the campaign, which should have been a spotlight is not very good. The angst against the loot system has already caused EA to rework its scales but they still don’t seem fair. I still want to play this game but I am seriously questioning it.
- EA buys Respawn – I don’t like this idea, not at all. They shutdown Visceral after cutting it to bits and then do this? Who’s to say they don’t do the same again?
- Marvel Heroes shutdown – Barely a year after coming to consoles the game is being shuttered. I played the PC version then the console version and there was always the feeling that it just didn’t have any support. It was fun for a bit but ultimately never felt like it went anywhere. Still sad to see it get shutdown.
I have somethings to do other than video games this weekend but I hope to play more Horizon Zero Dawn and Battlefront II. How much of that I accomplish remains to be seen.
Owner, Proprietor, Typer of Words, Gamer, Jester
A self described Polish ninja toiling away as an IT professional but more into gaming and writing. Physically existing on the western side of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania yet existentially flowing with the ether of the Internet.