This week was slow on news but I did manage to watch a lot of stuff. I guess that is all I really got accomplished with my extra day off from work.
- Shameless – Finished all six seasons that are on Netflix. Sort of sad that there is no more available to me. I know season seven is out there but I don’t have access to it anywhere within a price range I’m willing to pay. Seems that my desire to be a cheap ass is out-doing my desire to see more of this show.
- Batman: The Killing Joke – I enjoyed everything about this one, with one exception. The animation was great and having the traditional voice actors for the leads, Conroy for Batman and Hamill for the Joker, made it feel like it had all the fixings of Batman. Where if failed was right at the end, it just didn’t payoff as well as it could have and left me somewhat disappointed. I don’t know how true or close this was to the original comic but it gets didn’t work for me at the finish.
- Safehouse – I like watching movies where Denzel Washington plays the badass.
- The Nice Guys – Russel Crowe and Ryan Gosling have great chemistry in this flick but the overall movie just doesn’t have it. As much as the duo plays off of each other the film just lacks story and ultimately lets you down.
- Criminal – I think they were trying to make Kevin Costner into Matt Damon in this movie. The way they played things out had a Bourne style to it but it wasn’t nearly as good. There were big names associated to this film, like Tommy Lee Jones, but they were barely present in the film and contributed even less.
- Hudson Hawk – This a classic. It was one of those movies that become noted for how bad it was when it was released but has garnered somewhat of a cult following over the years. All these years later I still long for a sequel.
- Point Break – I tried watching the remake but couldn’t get more than 30 minutes with it. The original was contrived and silly but this one just felt awkward and forced to point that it was unbearable.
- Halo Wars 2 – Confused? It’s a game but I have it under entertainment. That is because I watched the cutscenes via YouTube. After having watched the story line of the game I’m even more glad that I didn’t buy the game since the story wasn’t that interesting and I already wasn’t interested in the combat.
- Overwatch – Didn’t spend much time in the game this week. Grinded out a couple of levels to get loot boxes but didn’t care for the game modes in arcade so I didn’t manage to snag any of that loot.
- Paragon – I gave the MOBA a go this weekend just to see what it was like. Doubt that I will be putting more time into the game but you never know.
- Ghost Recon: Wildlands open beta – You get the chance to play for free if you haven’t already in the closed beta. I’ll likely just skip this but would encourage other to play especially if they are unsure about buying the game.
- Nintendo Switch early reveals – Well, obviously Nintendo is not happy about the hardware leaking early so much so that those involved may be facing criminal charges associated to theft. I guess this is one of those times being on the cutting edge involves getting cut.
- Horizon: Zero Dawn has a 250MB patch – Really? That is the smallest day-one patch I have seen in years. The fact that it is so small is shocking in the day and age of patches clocking in with GB’s after the numbers.
I give up on Watch Dogs 2. No matter how many times I’ve tried I just can’t do it. Horizon: Zero Dawn drops next week and it is scoring well. That should give me something else to do.
Owner, Proprietor, Typer of Words, Gamer, Jester
A self described Polish ninja toiling away as an IT professional but more into gaming and writing. Physically existing on the western side of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania yet existentially flowing with the ether of the Internet.