Ubisoft takes the E3 stage to show us…
- Just Dance 2017 – Coming to all platforms, including Nintendo NX, in 2017.
- Ghost Recon: Wildlands – The cinematic trailer looked great and showed the location of Bolivia. Your mission will be stopping the Mexican cartel that has taken over Bolivia and become the top cocaine distributor in the world. You’ll do this either solo or co-op in an open-world action adventure game. The gameplay trailer looked a lot like Fry Cry not only in the UI but also it looked just like a camp raid. It did amp it up a bit by extending the mission and using a helicopter to go to another location. It also showed the co-op feature with other players meeting at the next stage of the mission. The gameplay looked smooth and really good but realistically, multiplayer experiences are not that smooth. The game is slated for a March 2017 release.
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole – The super-hero sequel to The Stick of Truth got some time on stage. Looking just like its predecessor, we see some early in-game stuff like selecting a character class. The Stick of Truth will come free with the game when it releases on December 6th.
- The Division – The first thing covered was the Underground DLC coming on June 28th. Three in game outfits are being given to players when Underground releases. Survival was shown as the second expansion but little detail was given.
- Eagle Flight – An Oculus Rift enabled PVP game that was demoed on stage in a capture the flag mode. Essentially, each player is an eagle and must grab the prey(a rabbit) and return to the nest.
- Star Trek: Bridge Crew – A VR game where four players run the command bridge of a starship.
- For Honor – The cinematic trailer shows the melee combat based game. The trailer for the third-person combat showed a battle between two of the three factions. Set to release on February 14, 2017. There is also an alpha coming.
- Grow Up – The sequel to Grow Home, is set to release in August on PC, Xbox One, and PS4.
- Trials of the Blood Dragon – A cross between Trials and Far Cry Blood Dragon. Available now.
- Assassin’s Creed – The upcoming movie gets talked about. There was also exclusive video from the movie and behinds the scenes of it.
- Watch Dogs 2 – The next game in the franchise with a new hero. Based in San Francisco, hacking goes further as Dead Sec is trying to stop a social media giant from influencing people. This showing of some of the campaign and main character already looks more interesting than the original game. Drones are now part of the player arsenal as well as cover-based shooting. Get this in November of 2016. There was also an announcement of a Watch Dogs movie with help from Sony. DLC will come to the PS4 thirty days before other platforms.
- Steep – An open-world extreme sports game finished the show. Think about ESPN’s X-Games with unlimited GoPro camera angles. You can compete against other players and set challenges for the community. Releasing in December, you can register for beta events before then.
This show was very strong and completely game oriented with the exception of the Assassin’s Creed movie bit. Ubisoft put forth a great presentation for this E3. Aisha Taylor handled everything in stride, kept it fun, and helped make it worth watching. Look forward to a great year ahead from Ubisoft.
Owner, Proprietor, Typer of Words, Gamer, Jester
A self described Polish ninja toiling away as an IT professional but more into gaming and writing. Physically existing on the western side of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania yet existentially flowing with the ether of the Internet.