Hope the holiday was good to all but these short work weeks are killers. Everybody tries to get five days of work done in four days but all that really happens is they get stressed out about it and less gets done.
Not much here..
- POWERS Season 2 – This season is a lot darker and grittier but I’m disappointed that they only released three of the ten episodes. The sum total of 2.25 hours didn’t carry the series very far.
- Game of Thrones – Kind of feel let down on this one. Any momentum that was going came to a halt with the exception of the very last scene.
Here is what happened. Saturday I played two chapters of Uncharted 4. Then i played a game of Alienation. After that I played The Division but then went out for the evening. I woke up Sunday and played a few early hours of The Division but again had other things to do. A few later hours of The Division rounded out the day. Monday was supposed to be the day I sat down to crush more of Uncharted 4 but I made the mistake of opening The Division to play around with my gear. This was my fatal mistake.
I was almost immediately joined by someone on my friends list. We headed into the Dark Zone and were joined by another person on our friend list. Then another person from my friend list joined. We roamed for a while until the last person got disconnected. I thought this was going to be my out but I was wrong. Barely a beat was missed before another person from the friend list hopped into the game. Back to a full group, we carried on. This session was about five hours and should have been all for the day. Only a few short hours later I would make my second mistake.
Once again, I thought I would log into The Division and check my gear. Before I could even say or do anything, I was joined again by one of the players from earlier. Within five minutes, the other two players were back. At this point I resigned myself to my fate. The Division had won and I was playing it, again. This session went about three hours covering both Incursions and some High Value Targets.
As much as I enjoyed myself and do not regret spending time with these guys I did pay a price. My hands have been sore all week and have severely limited my playtime for the last few days. Note to self: don’t play for over eight hours in one day.
- The Division – One patch gets deployed while another gets cancelled. They deployed the patch to fix the double UI(which I appreciate) but they cancelled the patch that included the challenge mode of the Clear Sky Incursion. One step up, how many steps back???
- No Man’s Sky delayed. – Until August! Tell you what…come talk to me when I can actually go buy a copy and have it in my hands. I understand that game development is tough and there are many factors that go into release dates but constantly changing it over the course of two years is just bad business. I still have hope that the game will be fantastic when it is eventually released.
- Pre-E3 Ubisoft hype – Watch Dogs 2 and South Park: The Fractured But Whole are confirmed for the company’s press conference. Sure can relax now that I know Watch Dogs 2 is a sure things…I didn’t hate the original game but it just didn’t come through the way myself and a lot of other people felt it should have.
- Metal Gear: The Pachinko Machine – I really wish this was just a sick joke.
Take it easy and have a great weekend.
Owner, Proprietor, Typer of Words, Gamer, Jester
A self described Polish ninja toiling away as an IT professional but more into gaming and writing. Physically existing on the western side of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania yet existentially flowing with the ether of the Internet.