I haven’t been fishing in years but I’d rather be doing that than being on-call for work. Alas, it’s part of the job and it has to be done. It’s a good reason to watch movies and play single-player games.
This week included:
- Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. – I like this episode much better than last week. I loved/hated the cliffhanger ending.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens – Watching this movie about a half dozen times took a lot of my time away from watching anything else. As much as I liked it I the felt there were a lot of issues.
- B.B. King: The Life of Riley – An interesting look at one of my favorite musicians.
- Flight of the Intruder – I remember watching this movie back in the early ’90’s on VHS. It was nice to revisit it and see that it was still a decent movie.
- The Benchwarmers – Needing a break from The Force Awakens, I wanted to watch a comedy so I picked this one. About five minutes into it I realized I had already seen it but I continued to watch it anyway and got a few laughs from it.
The Battleborn beta on PS4 provided me a reprieve from The Division for an hour or so. It was ok but it is so generic and nondescript that until I got into the first match I thought it was a beta for Overwatch. To me these two games, as well as Paragon, look too much alike to distinguish them properly. There were a few bumps with the game but I write that off as issues any beta would have. The bigger issue is that this game is so bland there isn’t much motivation on my part to play it again.
After the latest patch for The Division was released, I jumped back into the game. Luckily I didn’t have some of the issues other players were having. Haven’t tried the Incursion mode yet but I do like that the loot drops seem better in the rest of the game. I’ve already had more high-end gear drop than I have had in a while. That helps to compensate for the nerf they put on the crafting system.
- The Division 1.1 patch issues – The trading system isn’t what people were hoping for but it’s a start. There are bigger issues like the daily Challenge Mode not being available(which has since been resolved), rewards not dropping for people correctly in the Incursion mode, but the most painful might be that apparently some Xbox One players have had their characters disappeared. Ubisoft and Massive are aware of the issue but have now timeframe for a fix. Ouch, I can’t imagine how bad this must feel.
- Titanfall 2 teaser trailer – OH MAN, WAS THAT A SWORD?!?!?
- Gears of War 4 trailer – Kinda makes me sad that this didn’t excite me at all. I feel like this game has to have Horde mode or I may pass on it.
- DRIVECLUB studio gets a second life – Evolution Studios will keep it’s talent mostly together and become part of Codemasters. It’s great to see a bad story have a happy ending.
- Oculus Rift launch gets worse – Citing a supply problem, there are a growing number of reports that pre-orders and regular orders are having their ship dates pushed back by weeks or months. Yikes. Maybe Sony wisely pushed their PS VR launch back to avoid this problem.
My goal for this week is to get some sleep. This situation of getting three hours of sleep every night just won’t suffice.
Owner, Proprietor, Typer of Words, Gamer, Jester
A self described Polish ninja toiling away as an IT professional but more into gaming and writing. Physically existing on the western side of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania yet existentially flowing with the ether of the Internet.