Yet another week has gone by. Although it is tough to tell with my sense of time being so messed up. Last Thursday when I woke up I thought it was Friday, this Thursday I thought it was Wednesday when I woke up. Maybe I just don’t ever want it to be Thursday for some reason.
My time of watching shows has been funneled into one show, Arrow. I started watching it and haven’t stopped. It is hard to quickly conquer show that has twenty-three episodes per season but I have persevered into the third season. Granted, ten out of twenty-three episodes is pretty good at this point. I’ll finish up season three shortly and move on to something else until the fourth season shows up on Netflix. I like the show well enough to ignore some of the B-level acting. Normally I don’t like stories being told with flashbacks, and this series uses a lot of them, but they are placed in a way that adds depth to the story rather than just filling gaps.
I mentioned playing Destiny again and as soon as I hit rank five on one character in the Iron Banner I felt that same sense of ‘why bother?’. I got some decent drops and the packages I got at ranks three and five were nice but when it was all said and done it still felt unsatisfying. The amount and level of rewards I received for playing didn’t feel commensurate with the amount of time i spent playing.
To get away from that, I went to my back log. I just posted my thoughts on Call of Duty Advanced Warfare. Overall I enjoyed it but I don’t see much reason to go back to it. To help pass more time I am playing Saints Row IV again. Last time I played it was on the PS3 but this time it is on the Xbox One. Not that the platform really matters, it matters more that I bought it this time rather than just renting it. Just a few hours into i remember it was okay but there were reasons why I like Saints Row: The Third better.
There were a few topics that I felt the need to chime in on but not write a full post for. Like…
- Uncharted 4 stress test – Yeah! I didn’t play any of the beta and I normally don’t play a lot of the Uncharted multiplayer mode but I look forward to hopping in a few times to see what it looks like and feel how it plays.
- Uncharted 4 delayed – Boooo! It may only be a two week delay but this game was already delayed out of last year. Sometimes you just want to ask the developers and publishers when they are going to get their $&*^ together.
- No Man’s Sky costs $60 – What? The part the confuses me is that people didn’t think it was going to cots $60. I was always under the impression that it would cost that much as I viewed it as a full retail game. Was I in the minority on this???
- No Man’s Sky has a release date – Huzzah! It is June 21st here in the US. That is really the only new I wanted to hear about this game for the last eight months.
- The Division will have raids – But not until April. According to VG247, the first raid will come in April along with a loot trading system. It sucks to wait a month but it will be free content. I say thank you very much to that.
- Mass Effect: Andromeda delayed into 2017 – That sucks! O’well, I’m not really surprised by this at all. An overly ambitious game based on a beloved franchise that had several key people leave at different points of development has been delayed? Ok, I’d rather have a better game later than a lousy game sooner.
- Microsoft hints at hardware upgrades – Red Herring! This will never happen. You can’t even open the box without voiding the warranty and the parts are almost completely proprietary. The upgrade parts would like be available only from Microsoft and at a handsome price. Who even wants to upgrade a console? Most people replace a pc when it is become aged rather than upgrade it. I’m not defending that position, just stating that that is the easiest thing for more people to do. I feel like I already did the only upgrade worthwhile on the XB1 by adding an external USB hard drive..
- PlayStation VUE gets a $10 price cut – PlayStation What??? Apparently it adds channels too but I don’t even know anybody that cares about this service much less anybody that actually has it. I get that they are trying to grab up the “cable-cutter” or “cord-cutter” or whatever you want to call the people trying to ditch traditional providers but I don’t see this or any other services as being a significantly better deal.
- PlayStation TV has been discontinued – Yet another shock! I have one if these and it is the only thing that could have possibly disappointed me more than my Vita. At least I try to play games on my Vita, most of the games I tried to play on the PlayStation TV were not supported.
As the end of the week draws near, I look forward to the next week. I will not be at work for a full week. I have no travel plans, just wanted to not be at work for a while. I guess this counts as my Spring Break.
Owner, Proprietor, Typer of Words, Gamer, Jester
A self described Polish ninja toiling away as an IT professional but more into gaming and writing. Physically existing on the western side of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania yet existentially flowing with the ether of the Internet.