Well, I won two out of three playoff games but the one I lost was the one league that meant the most. Damn you Washington – more on that later.
If you are still in it, let’s see who you need to play.
Thursday – 12/12/2013
- 8:25pm – San Diego at Denver – Peyton Manning and Phillips Rivers should be started. I’m still taking Danny Woodhead. You won’t want to start Wes Welker even if he does play. Look for Eric Decker and Demaryius Thomas to do well.
Sunday – 12/15/2013
- 1:00pm – Washington at Atlanta – Harry Douglas???
- 1:00pm – Chicago at Cleveland – Josh McCown helped contribute to my fall with a big game but it won’t be that good again. Matt Forte will do decent but don’t look for him to be big. Alshon Jeffery and Brandon Marshall should do well. Josh Gordon could go crazy again on this defense. I think I could get two hundred yards passing on this defense with him on the other end.
- 1:00pm – Houston at Indianapolis – Damn you Andrew Luck. I bench you for poor play and you put up big numbers even if in a losing effort. My suspicion is that he’ll be just fine against Houston’s defense.
- 1:00pm – New England at Miami – Tom Brady without Rob Gronkowski does not look good. I don’t think you can count on any of New England’s wide receivers or running backs. Miami is at least offering Brian Hartline and Mike Wallace against a poor New England defense.
- 1:00pm – Philadelphia at Minnesota – Nick Foles is still doing well, keep rolling him. Give DeSean Jackson and LeSean McCoy for having good numbers against what defense Minnesota can muster. Minnesota’s run game is hobbled two men deep. Both Adrian Peterson and Toby Gerhart are banged up. Be ready with other options.
- 1:00pm – Seattle at NY Giants – Play everybody you have from Seattle and nobody from the Giants.
- 1:00pm – San Francisco at Tampa Bay – Frank Gore may get slowed down by Tampa Bay’s defense but that should open the passing game up for Colin Kaepernick to Aquan Boldin, Michael Crabtree, and Vernon Davis.
- 1:00pm – Buffalo at Jacksonville – With Maurice Jones-Drew questionable, be ready with a backup – like Fred Jackson.
- 4:05pm – NY Jets at Carolina – Look for Carolina’s defense to make this NY Jets offense look even worse. Cam Newton is going to have a big game, start him.
- 4:05pm – Kansas City at Oakland – Alex Smith under performed for me last week but that wasn’t his fault. Washington was so bad he didn’t have to bother playing most of the game. I like him again in this match up but I fear Kansas City’s defense and special teams may make him irrelevant again. If Jamal Charles even needs to play he should run all over this defense. I’m not sure Dwayne Bowe is officially back but if you have injury concerns with other receivers you may want to look him up.
- 4:25pm – Green Bay at Dallas – No Aaron Rodgers? Jordy Nelson is now a second-rate receiver because of his quarterback. Eddie Lacy is going to do ok but not great because no one is going to respect the Green Bay passing game. Tony Romo is right where you want him for a fantasy play. His team is fighting for the division and playoffs. Dez Bryant has a chance to make fools of Green Bay’s defense.
- 4:25pm – Arizona at Tennessee – Even sans “The Honeybadger”, I expect to see a defensive struggle. I still favor Arizona’s defense thinking they will cap Chris Johnson. I think Larry Fitzgerald may comeback down this week.
- 4:25pm – New Orleans at St. Louis – I don’t like anybody from St. Louis other than Zac Stacey. You’re playing Drew Brees, Pierre Thomas, and Jimmy Graham if you have them. I don’t think Marques Colston and Darren Sproles will be big again.
- 8:30pm – Cincinnati at Pittsburgh – This is always a tough match up and Pittsburgh is clinging to its last hopes of the playoffs. LaVeon Bell and Ben Roethlisberger will do their best but I think the Cincinnati defense will get the better of them and keep them in check. Look for Cincinnati’s offense to struggle and be useless fantasy wise.
Monday – 12/16/2013
8:30pm – Baltimore at Detroit – Calvin Johnson will be the only thing worth watching in this game.
Hopefully you are still competing for the championship in your most meaningful leagues. I’m going to keep fighting in the consolation bracket. Until the season is completely over, I’ll keep up on the updates. Good luck, as always.