Who is Alshon Jeffery? Who is Josh Gordon? Who is Eric Decker? It was nice to get a crazy amount of points from these guys but don’t go relying on it.
For most leagues, the regular season is over and playoffs are beginning. Now is the time to get the most you can out of your line up because if you lose you’re done until next year. We won’t all be champions but we can all give it our best. On to the players.
Thursday – 12/5/2013
- 8:25pm – Houston at Jacksonville – Ben Tate, if healthy, should have a solid game. Maurice Jones-Drew should too. Neither of them are facing great defenses. Plus, neither team can do much else than try to run it.
Sunday – 12/8/2013
- 1:00pm – Minnesota at Baltimore – Start Adrian Peterson but forget Ray Rice. Peterson can do well against this defense whereas Rice can’t get going no matter how many touches he gets. I’m hoping Torrey Smith can come up with a decent game for me but the scatter-shot play of Joe Flacco worries me.
- 1:00pm – Indianapolis at Cincinnati – Ugh, Andrew Luck – you are riding my bench again. He did good enough to win the real game but I will not be using him in my fantasy games. If I had to pick one of the quarterbacks in this game I would rather use Andy Dalton. He at least can still toss it up to A.J. Green.
- 1:00pm – Atlanta at Green Bay – Atlanta barely won with Matt Ryan being ok but I think he can do better against a Green Bay defense that is horrible. Eddie Lacy and Jordy Nelson sure do miss Aaron Rodgers just as much as the rest of us but they are the only players for Green Bay I’d have any interest in. Even at that, they are low end options only.
- 1:00pm – Cleveland at New England – I think we all know who Josh Gordon is now. The bigger question or concern is who will be throwing him the ball and if they will be able to get it to him. I want to have higher hopes for this guy but if you have anybody more reliable I would use them instead. You’ll use Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski if you have them but I would also use Stephen Gostkowski if you can get him.
- 1:00pm – Oakland at NY Jets – I really hope Rashad Jennings plays. He did well for me last week and he just seems to work better in that offense. I can’t name you anybody from the Jets I would want to risk playing at this point.
- 1:00pm – Detroit at Philadelphia – Look for more mid-grade play from Reggie Bush. I doubt he’ll have big numbers but he should be serviceable. Of course Calvin Johnson should be started. Don’t think I would want Matt Stafford unless I needed multiple quarterbacks or my number one was questionable. Nick Foles is back in my starting line up. I was unsure about his post bye week performance but he had another solid showing. DeSean Jackson is a little beat up so keep an eye out on him. LeSean McCoy could tear off a couple of big runs on this defense.
- 1:00pm – Miami at Pittsburgh – Uh? These teams are fighting for position in next years draft at this point. Neither of them can be consistent enough to win or loose. Given the ups and downs of all their players, I would only start any of them if I had to because of injury. This match gives no advantage to either side.
- 1:00pm – Buffalo at Tampa Bay – Fred Jackson is still your best bet from Buffalo. Despite winning real games I don’t see any player for Tampa being reliable.
- 1:00pm – Kansas City at Washington – Alex Smith is my starter over Luck. That is hard to say. I would even like Robert Griffin III here just because Kansas City is in a sack drought and he may actually get time to through the ball. Jamal Charles may be huge in this one but not so much for Alfred Morris.
- 4:05pm – Tennessee at Denver – Peyton Manning is going to keep throwing touchdowns here but don’t think Eric Decker will be big again. Wes Welker and the other receivers will get their share. Knowshon Moreno might slump in this game. As much as I hate to say this but I think Chris Johnson is a good play. Johnson might not get a lot of rushing yards but he should get a good bit in the passing game.
- 4:25pm – St. Louis at Arizona – The Arizona defense got slapped around last week and may take out some frustration on a weak offense. This could be a defensive struggle as I can see St. Louis keeping Arizona’s offense in check.
- 4:25pm – NY Giants at San Diego – I need Danny Woodhead to get back to good here and I think he can. Philips Rivers just needs to avoid the rush and take advantage of the defense’s weaknesses at linebacker and in the secondary. Notice the lack of Giants picks?
- 4:25pm – Seattle at San Francisco – I like Russell Wilson over Colin Kaepernick, Marshawn Lynch over Frank Gore, and Seattle’s defense over San Francisco’s.
- 8:30pm – Carolina at New Orleans – Quarterbacks are hot here. I know both defenses are good but look for Cam Newton to power on for a playoff spot and Drew Brees to fight off last week’s season lows. With that said, these defenses are at risk of giving up a bunch of points but if I had to take one it would be Carolina just because of their consistency.
Monday – 12/9/2013
- 8:30pm – Dallas at Chicago – What is up with Tony Romo? Sure he wins the actually game but he stinks up his fantasy value. This week he better step back up to keep the load off of a beat up and absent running back corp. I’m still taking Alshon Jeffery, Brandon Marshall, and Matt Forte for starters.
Let’s hope we stay in this for another week. Good luck everybody.