At halfway through the real season and three-quarters through the fantasy season, players are banged up and playoff spots are starting to lock. Another bye week but only four teams are off and Aaron Rodgers owners are worried.
Let’s look into the games.
Thursday – 11/7/2013
- 8:25pm – Washington at Minnesota – Yuck. You probably won’t be watching this game but a few players have fantasy value. Sure you’ll start Adrian Peterson but that may be more incentive to not watch the game. The surprising Redskins have Robert Griffin III, Peirre Garcon, and Alfred Morris. Don’t expect huge games from any of them as Minnesota’s defense is its best asset.
Sunday – 11/10/2013
- 1:00pm – Seattle at Atlanta – Both Russell Wilson and Matt Ryan can be started. Don’t look for big numbers from either since both teams are struggling. Marshawn Lynch might be the only other fantasy interest in this game.
- 1:00pm – Detroit at Chicago – Matt Stafford and Calvin Johnson are starting. If you haven’t noticed – they are good together. Reggie Bush could be a start if you lack better options. I have Alshon Jeffery starting and you should too along with Brandon Marshall and Martellus Bennett. Matt Forte should continue to do well to keep pressure off of the quarterback.
- 1:00pm – Philadelphia at Green Bay – Nick Foles??? He just got done slapping my Raiders silly with seven touchdowns but don’t expect that level of production ever again from him. He should compliment LeSean McCoy fairly well. With Aaron Rodgers all but officially out, Packers receivers don’t look as good but you may still play Jordy Nelson just because there will be passes thrown and somebody will have to catch them.
- 1:00pm – Oakland at NY Giants – Injuries have hurt your fantasy options from the Raiders with Darren McFadden out and Terrell Pryor hurt you may take a chance that Rashad Jennings gets some game time and Pryor holds himself together. Let’s just not talk about anybody other than Victor Cruz from the Giants.
- 1:00pm – Jacksonville at Tennessee – Jake Locker could have a field day in this game. I picked him up to replace Rodgers in one league. Please don’t think Chris Johnson will have the same type of week he had last week. That was the kind of anomaly that will keep giving false hope that he will be a productive fantasy player.
- 1:00pm – St. Louis at Indianapolis – Andrew Luck is going to be throwing a lot and it looks like T.Y. Hilton is a new favorite. It’s too soon to be certain but Hilton may be that Reggie Wayne replacement that the Colts need. Zac Stacy is the only Ram I will mention.
- 1:00pm – Buffalo at Pittsburgh – C.J. Spiller and Fred Jackson will have to carry the rock a lot for Buffalo. Ignore the rest of the team. I guess my belittling of Pittsburgh lit a fire under them, you’re welcome. Don’t count on a repeat performance but some of the Steelers offense could give you fair numbers for a bye week replacement.
- 1:00pm – Cincinnati at Baltimore – Andy Dalton came back to earth last week and that is the level of play I would expect from here on out. Still not interested in anybody from Baltimore. Ray Rice makes me sad, very sad.
- 4:05pm – Carolina at San Fransico – Get Cam Newton in your starter spot if you own him. I think he will be able to get some long tosses and runs in on the San Fran defense. Look for Frank Gore to bulldoze the Carolina defense.
- 4:25pm – Houston at Arizona – I have Arizona’s defense but have little interest in much else in the game. Too many injuries and lousy play for Houston to have any value.
- 4:25pm – Denver at San Diego – Peyton Manning is your starter after his bye week. Get Phillip Rivers into the starting line up. Wes Welker, Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker, and Julius Thomas will be getting catches. Knowshon Moreno would be the back of choice from Denver but I will be starting Danni Woodhead from San Diego.
- 8:30pm – Dallas at New Orleans – Quarterback, you got another two here with Tony Romo and Drew Brees. Get them in to the starting spots if you have them. Dez Bryant is good as well. I have the Dallas kicker, Dan Bailey, and defense in two leagues as well. Pierre Thomas is the only other Saint that I expect reliable numbers from and that only because Darren Sproles is banged up.
Monday – 11/11/2013
- 8:30pm – Miami at Tampa Bay – Vincent Jackson??? Mike Wallace??? I guess you play them if you have to.
That’s the line up for you. Time to make that push for the playoffs if you are in the hunt. Good luck!