How about that Marvin Jones? Who else was talking about him? Well, I talked about him but I didn’t exactly recommend him. Maybe you were as lucky as I to find that magical pick up. If you weren’t here are some options for this week.
Thursday – 10/31/2013
- 8:25pm – Cincinnati at Miami – If you have Andy Dalton you are probably starting him based on his performance over the last few weeks. Be leery of the less prolific Dalton returning against a respectable pass defense. I will take to A.J. Green and Marvin Jones to catch any balls from Dalton this week. Please don’t think Jones will have four touchdowns again, I’m calling for two. Not so confident about running backs from either side. Bengals defense should be a decent play but don’t be too upset if they give up a big play or two as long as they play good otherwise.
Sunday – 11/3/2013
- 1:00PM – Kansas City at Buffalo – Alex Smith, Jamal Charles, and the Kansas defense should do well here. I think Smith may score a little lower since the Chiefs may do a lot of running. Buffalo only offers Stevie Johnson and Fred Jackson. I would rather have Jackson. He should get a lot of touches with whoever that guy is at quarterback for the Bills just trying to stay upright.
- 1:00PM – Minnesota at Dallas – Adrian Peterson owners will come to hate themselves for continuing to start him and Vikings ownership for not trading him. Tony Romo should have a bounce back week from last week sub par effort. Dez Bryant, Terrance Williams, and Jason Witten should all do well in this game. Look for more passing attempts with Dallas’s running game injured and stumbling over themselves.
- 1:00PM – Tennesse at St. Louis – Maybe you play Jake Locker, maybe. I’d recommend a St. Louis running back if I knew which if either one of them would be playing. Expect Chris Johnson to have one amazing play here to make himself look like you should start him, but you shouldn’t unless bye weeks or injuries force you to.
- 10:00PM – New Orleans at NY Jets – That Jimmy Graham guy is good and you should start him. Even injured and hobbling Drew Brees has an implicit trust in him. I give up on Marques Colston as it appear he is invisible to Brees. If you can get the New Orleans defense I think they will do well. They are under rated to begin with and the Jets aren’t exactly a powerhouse offense. If you think the yo-yo is going up this week on scoring for Geno Smith then you can think about starting him. It’s to hard to rely on Smith doing well.
- 1:00PM – San Diego at Washington – Phillip Rivers and Robert Griffin III are both starters if you have them. I’m starting Danny Woodhead but I think Ryan Matthews is start worthy as well. I think San Diego will be running and passing all over the Redskins defense. Although I think RG3 is startable, I have much less confidence in any of his offensive teammates. They should all get touches in the run and passing game but those touches are probably going to be pretty well distributed to everyone.
- 1:00PM – Atlanta at Carolina – Oh gees. I don’t know if you can start anyone from Atlanta other than the water boy. Cam Newton may light this defense up like a pinball. The real Steve Smith may return here as well. DeAnglo Williams’s value and production may diminish if Jonathan Stewart is playing since they will be in a timeshare situation.
- 4:05PM – Tampa Bay at Seattle – Poor Vincent Jackson, all alone as a fantasy star in Tampa Bay. Although Tampa Bay’s defense plays tough I think their fatigue will allow Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch to get some numbers. Of course Seattle’s defense should be started on your roster.
- 4:05PM – Philadelphia at Oakland – Even if Nick Foles plays instead of Matt Barkley, I think the Oakland defense could be a good bye week fill in. Even with that said, LeSean McCoy should still have respectable numbers. Terrelle Pryor and Darren McFadden have the opportunity to run circles before Philadelphia’s defense will be able to tackle them.
- 4:25PM – Baltimore at Cleveland – Don’t trust ANYBODY on Baltimore’s squad. They will either get you 1 point or 25. Hopefully the bye week let Ray Rice get healthy and if you have to start him he may do better than he has. Jordan Cameron and Josh Gordon should start inspire of their quarterback.
- 4:25PM – Pittsburgh at New England – If you have a Pittsburgh receiver and have to fill a flex spot and you don’t have anybody else and you are not risk adverse then you can think about maybe playing one of them. Tom Brady is still a starter even with his lack luster performance this year. I wanted to drop New England’s defense but I just couldn’t pass on this match up. They are not that good but Pittsburgh’s offense is weak and like to shoot themselves in the foot.
- 8:30PM – Indianapolis at Houston – Andrew Luck is going to have to keep throwing it and this will be the first look at who that will be to. Since the running game has yet to materialize, you may want to keep an eye on this game to see where the balls are thrown to judge who is going to step up to take Reggie Wayne’s place. I know that doesn’t help this week but you always need to look ahead. The Texans stink and they are banged up. If Arian Foster or Andre Johnson are playing I don’t know if they are anything more than a last resort in fantasy.
- 8:30PM – Chicago at Green Bay – Just because Jay Cutler is probably out don’t think that Brandon Marshall or Alshon Jeffery should not be started. They will still get balls thrown to them if for no other reason than to keep the heat off of Matt Forte and Josh McKown. Don’t forget to put Aaron Rodgers and Jordy Nelson in since they’re pretty good too.
Good luck in all your games. May the injuries avoid you and make it through another bye week.